They’re doing it up big-time at Renfrew Golf Club to celebrate to course’s 90th anniversary.
Management has sent out word to men and women golfers to book their tee-times for free golf on May 24.
The free golf will be part of Renfrew Golf Club’s 90th anniversary celebrations next weekend with events on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for members and non-members.
Here’s the schedule:
- FREE Green Fees for all public players all day on May 24. Cart fees are the standard rate of $20 per player.
- Live Music – Mitch Desiletswill be playing music on the patio from 2 to 5 p.m.
- BBQ on Patio – A BBQ on the patio will be serving hamburgers and hot dogs throughout the day.
- New Balance Shoe Day – RGC’s New Balance Shoe representative will showcase a large stock of men’s and women’s shoes in addition to the regular stock available for sale.
- Putting Contest – A putting contest is slated to happen from 11 am to 4 p.m. Players can test their skills with putters from the 1920s and three replica golf balls. The cost will be $5 to participate and RGC will award prizes in the form of RGC Bucks to the top two scores. The money raised will be used to support RGC’s junior program.
- Callaway Demo Day – From 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. players are invited to come try the latest equipment from Callaway Golf. Members and non-members may drop in to test the newest AI designed Epic Flash drivers and fairways or you make book an appointment for a fitting session. Call the pro shop to book a fitting.
- 90th Anniversary Dinner – RGC will host a dinner gala for members. This event is fully booked.
RGC hosts its annual Lee & Larry Sharpe Memorial Tournament on May 26. Before the event this season, there will be a ceremony to honour Lee Sharpe and dedicate a beautiful addition to the patio. Lee’s family has generously donated a beautiful picnic table to the club to honour Lee Sharpe, who was a well-known member and large supporter of the Club and community.
The format has changed to a two-person 6-6-6 team event this season for both the Women’s and Men’s flights. This format is similar to the format played in our Solheim Cup and Ryder Cup events except that it is stroke play, not match play. Members may sign up for this event by contacting the pro shop and signing up on the list by the locker rooms.
For more details and to book tee-times, 613.432.2485 ext. 221.